Ever since this new little bundle (human baby #2) came along, I find myself struggling to fit in a shower each day, let alone time to pamper myself. But when I do get a golden half hour alone, I’m inevitably sharing it with my pets. Which gave me the idea for this post;
5 ways to pamper yourself that includes your fur babies.
1) Curl up with Bruno or Fluffy and binge on a Netflix series, read a book, or savor a cup of coffee.
2) Exercise is good for you physically and emotionally. Hike with fido or download a YouTube yoga video to do at home; my downward dog is always more challenging with a swishy tail and tickly whiskers in my face.
3) Share a healthy snack with your fur buddy; maybe a little peanut butter on a thin slice of apple (not too much, and no chocolate!)
4) Take a warm bubble bath with a book and your favorite beverage. I’m further entertained by the looks of sheer horror I get from my dog and cats who sit around the rim of the tub ogling me. (I liken their presence to rubber-neckers at a car crash as a bath to them is probably the most unappealing pastime imaginable.)
5) Trying out a new recipe can be relaxing for some (not me). However my husband enjoys cooking and is usually accompanied by our dog who waits under foot for stray raw chopped veges that might roll off the counter. (I don’t know about your pets, but even if their food bowls are full, mine are always on the lookout to scavenge some human food.)
What ways do you relax and pamper yourself with your pets?