As we’ve discussed before, cats are mysterious little creatures that we humans are fond of. But the feelings aren’t always mutual. Here are some expert tips from the cat guru himself, Mo-cat, on getting a cat to like you:
1) Feign complete disinterest. Yes, that’s right, any human that has no interest whatsoever in me must be corrected immediately by intense leg rubs and purring.
2) Wear expensive clothes, particularly in the color black–these are my favorite to rub against.
3) Make clicking or bird noises–I know it’s unlikely, but the slim chance that you have an actual bird in your mouth is enough for me to come inspect your face for myself.
4) Don’t overstep petting boundaries; as in, 2 belly rubs is sufficient, the third may render you short a finger.
5) If you have any affection for said fingers, don’t attempt to clean my ears, give me medication, clip my nails, or put me anywhere near a bathtub filled with water. (As you can imagine, most cats are not big fans of vets or vet nurses).
6) To keep human and cat relations copacetic, it’s recommended that the litter box is kept pristinely clean and food bowls are topped up above halfway at all times.
Do you have any tips on getting a cat to like you? Please share them!